Verse Of the Day

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Key Lime Pie

Ciao Everyone!!!!!!!


 What is delicious and goes beautifully with whipped cream and is very fun and screams Florida + Summertime?????

Key Lime Pie!!!


And since right now I am in Florida...and it is summertime...and I love whipped cream...and fun...and delicious things........

And since I assume you may fall in line with AT LEAST one of those...........

I would love to share a recipe with you!!
....Can you guess what it will be for?? Haha;)


But first, more important things! Like stories:)


The other day I was talking with my dad about cooking and baking and inventing, and how we both thought they were all fun things to do...

When suddenly, he tells me that apparently he used to be a master chef in the art of making tofu pies!

I'm like.... WHAAATT?!??

Naturally, I try to justify this to myself...

"Maybe it's like a spinachy-quiche-type idea or he was just in a mood to make a healthy thing and give it a fun name (such as "pie") or something......"

But no.

He meant a dish that could rightly fall into the category of that wonderousness you and I know as "pie".

Then I asked for his secrets and asked if he felt like taking a baking adventure into the realm of inventions on a subject that he only had memories of and I had never dreamed...

He did:)

 And out of that conversation.... voila!!! Something amazing!!



Now generally this is where I would insert a cute little picture and let you get on with your life...

But since I haven't done that yet, please allow me one more explanation..

I debated on just giving you this close-up and callin it a day:


But then you wouldn't know why this came from such a silliness as:
That was all I found upon returning to the tin pie pan with my camera....


If that doesn't convince you to try this recipe, I don't know what willllllll....


Secret Ingredient Key-Lime Pie
(An original creation)
Serves: 8-12
Ingredients:
16 oz firm tofu
1/2 cup key lime juice
2 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar)
1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 teaspoons Truvia baking blend
1 pre-made graham cracker crust

Directions:
 1.) Blend tofu up in a food processor until very smooth. 
 2.) Add juice, honey, and Truvia and blend until all combined.
 3.) Do a taste test with a clean spoon to make sure it suits your fancy ;) 
 4.) Pour into pie crust, cover, and refrigerate for at least 36 hours (a day and a half).
 5.) Serve with whipped cream, cool whip, or vanilla frozen yogurt!! Also very good with some sliced bananas:)

Note: 
(At direction #3: Please keep in mind that it will become sweeter as it rests in the fridge... but if you can detect the taste of tofu at this point, then you'll want to add a little more sweetener, about a teaspoon at a time. Please also note that normal sugar is supposedly not nearly as sweet as truvia, so my guess for those using normal sugar is you would probably have to double the amount.)

Ciao for now!

-The Red Lady-

No comments:

Post a Comment