Verse Of the Day

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Silky Chocolate Pie

Ciao Everyone!

Don't you love those funny little moments, when you finally shut up complaining to God about a situation or whining about something (even if just in your heart), and God uses that quiet moment to reveal the most simple answer to what you thought was the biggest problem ever?

I love it.

Because it never ceases to remind me how faithful and sweet God's mercy is, even when I act just plan idiotic in front of His throne.

Like really. What clay pot has any right to say to it's maker, "Today is not a good day for the kiln, so screw this", or "I don't want to hold the gold; it's too hot", or "This handle is not the right size...maybe you messed up?".

If that was my pot, I'd probably throw it away. And make a quieter pot.

But God in the riches of His mercy never does that to me. Instead, He patiently and sweetly assures me that the kiln is for my good, the gold is the most valuable and lasting to hold, and I was made exactly for what He needs me to do. It's incredible...

Something else that is incredible:

Chocolate Pie.

My oh my, how I love chocolate pie:)

No, I am not saying that chocolate pie is anywhere near holding the worth of comparison to the beautiful truths of God.

But it is still incredible, in a much MUCH meeker and quieter (and silly and nearly useless) way... ;)


Silky Chocolate Pie
(original recipe)
Ingredients:
1 package firm tofu
1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons sweetener (I prefer stevia or truvia baking blend)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoon vanilla almond milk
1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
small pinch of salt
1 pre-made graham cracker crust

Directions:
1) Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until COMPLETELY combined. No clumps whatsoever. *
2) Pour into crust.
3) Cover and refridgerate for at least a day and a half, but preferably two whole days (as in, if you made it wednesday night, it would ultimately be perfect by friday evening).
4) Enjoy!!

*At this point, it's a very nice and creamy chocolate pudding! Like the pie, it would still be better after a day or two in the fridge though :)

Ciao for now!

-The Red Lady-

No comments:

Post a Comment