Wow, today was busy.
Lots of driving...
Did you know that sometimes dancing in the car is the best way to stay awake when driving on long and tiring roads????
Yeah, well, all I have to say about that on a personal note is... Thank God for the Latino radio station. Fan-Tastic;)
Sooo needless to say by the time I got home, I was in a more Latin/Mexican mood than normal.
Well I'm Italian from NY... and honestly I'm generally never in that mood... Anyways, relatively speaking, I was feeling very Mexican...
Which went from a joyous feeling to a completely happy occasion wheeeeeennnn...
I made MEXICAN STUFFED PEPPERS:)
You should too.
While listening to Latin dance music.
It's a pretty great combination!
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
1 bell pepper (any color of choice)
1 small carrot, diced
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup rotel (or diced tomatoes + green chilies or onions)
cheddar cheese (thinly sliced or shredded)
optional: black olives, sliced
1) Cut pepper in half; core; seed; rinse.
2) Place on tin foil lined baking sheet and cook in convection oven at 400 degrees on broil, 10 minutes.
3) While cooking prepare stuffing: Mix together all ingredients from carrot to spices.
4) Stuff peppers; cook 15 minutes.
5) Top with cheese and olives; cook another 2-5 minutes.
Ciao for now!
-The Red Lady-