I think you should know by now a few things about me, from recurring themes in posts...
1) Christ the Lord is awesome and marvelous. He is God and He is the Savior of the world. And I believe that with my whole heart!
2) I love chocolate. AALLOOTT.
3) I love happy accidents!
And here is another recipe post about a veerryyyy happy accident:)
On my way to trying to configure a soy-based chocolate chip cookie recipe (which needs to be vegan and gluten free, in my opinion), I accidentally created the perfect cookie to be part in a sandwiching situation involving vegan whipped cream (which is also a recipe on this blog)!!
Very delicous, rather simple, and fun!
This recipe can be enjoyed as whoopie pies if not frozen, or very yummy ice cream sandwiches if frozen for 30 minutes before eating.... so try it both ways and see what your fancy is!!
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches! (or whoopie pies)
makes: 10 sandwiches
Ingredients for cookies:
7 oz extra firm tofu (1/2 typical store package after drainage)
3 tablespoons amber agave nectar
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
¼ cup oat flour
¼ cup stevia cup for cup
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons mini chips
1) Combine flour, stevia, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl
2) Puree wet ingredients with tofu; mix into dry ingredients
3) Let batter sit 5 minutes while oven heats to 350 and you grease two tin foil lined baking sheets
4) Mix in chips. Spoon batter onto sheets
5) Bake for 25 minutes; let cool for at least 10 minutes to firm up
Ingredients for filling:
Vegan Cool Whip/Whipped Cream
Assembly: Take two cookies and apply one good layer of refrigerated whipped cream between them!
Ciao for now!