Do you enjoy cooking??
What about when you know it's a delicious meal, that is also going to smell great, and is also a warm and well-loved classic (or twist thereof)??
Today's recipe is all about all of that!
Vegan Shepherd's Pie
for the mash-
4 russet potatoes, peeled
a few splashes of almond/rice/soy milk
for the base-
about 2 cups rough chopped onions
drizzle olive oil
about 2 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
frozen mixed veggies (optional-edamame)
for the top-
1) Chop potatoes and boil in a pot of water until fork tender; mash with electric hand mixer, adding in garlic powder and black pepper to taste; add milk as needed
2) Saute onions with olive oil and garlic powder in a large saucepan until onions are translucent; add water as needed to not burn the onions but to let them cook over med-high heat
3) Add chopped mushrooms and rest of ingredients, using spices to taste
4) Add a few ladles full of the potato water to thicken mixture; cook until all ingredients seem well associated and the flavors have become fully acquainted with one another:)
5) Spoon mushroom/veggie mix into an 8x8 glass baking dish; top with potatoes; sprinkle with spices; cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
6) Uncover dish and bake for another 10 ish minutes, or until potatoes begin to brown
Ciao for now!