Verse Of the Day

Friday, July 13, 2012

Monkey Crunch Bars

Ciao Everyone!

How was your yesterday? What did you do?

Don't even try to say nothing.

I bet I can list a billion things you did... Breathe, Blink, Think, Speak, and Look, to name just a few.

And I bet your day was amazing.

...because even on our freaked out days, we should all remember to even still say "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)

Does that mean I remember in all my perfection and greatness to always keep on saying this every day I live?

Hahahahahaha, no. But I will press on towards this goal, for the sake of Christ Jesus. (Not to mention that I clearly am not the perfect and great one... However, He is the one I live for<3 )

 In fact, my last two days could've used a bit more remembering of this. (I even have experiential proof of that statement.... Every time the Lord reminded me of that verse, things did seem Soo much bearable.)

They were good days with much good accomplishing of the mundane. But the major event (no, not every single second of it...but most of it) was indeed just so MUNDANE.


Which also meant that at several times I felt lack of energy. AND SO, I would like yous to know about something else that is very fantastic, that did help a little;)




 Monkey Crunch Bars
(An original creation)
Ingredients:
1/4 cup grape nuts (or another crunchy cereal)
1/4 cup flax seed
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
2 scoops (about 46g) chocolate protein powder
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons peanut butter (which is somewhere between 1/3 cup and 1/2 cup, if you feel like just eye-balling it with 1 measurer)
1/4 cup (plus a little extra) of any milk of your choice
About 1/2 banana

Directions:
 1.) Mix together all ingredients from cereal to cocoa. Add peanut butter and agave; mix until combined.
 2.) Pour half of mixture into a sealable plastic container and press. 
 3.) Measure out the 1/4 cup of milk and pour about half on pressed dry mixture, and press it down again.
 4.) Slice banana and form a layer in container.
 5.) Pour on rest of dry mixture; press. Pour rest of measured milk and press. If it looks too dry and crumbly, add a little more milk and press down.
 6.) Seal container and freeze for about 3 hours. 
 7.) Take out of freezer; cut into 9 bars; place back in freeze for at least 3 more hours, or overnight.
 8.) Bars are ready!!

Notes:
-The first of the next times you take out of freezer, you'll probably have to re-cut your lines. after that, they'll be ready for you whenever you are;) 
-Also, because they happen to be frozen, the bars seem to taste better after thawing for about 10 minutes before eating.





Ciao for now!

-The Red Lady-


No comments:

Post a Comment