Don't you love when you find a recipe and comes out better than imagined??
This is one of those moments:)
I saw the idea on chocolatecoveredkatie.com, and had to try it!!
Her pictures made it look rather yummy anyway, but the final result was really really great!
Lentil Sloppy Joes
3 cups water
1 cup dry lentils
1/2 white onion
3-4 garlic cloves
shake of salt
shake of ground cloves
good amount of black pepper
1 small can tomato paste
a couple shakes of worstechire sauce
apple cider vinegar
1) Cook lentils in water until boiling; simmer 20-25 minutes
2) As simmering, cook chopped onions and garlic in a large skillet with water until translucent.
3) Add beans; cook until liquid is mostly gone.
4) Add spices and rest of ingredients; add water so it all mixes beautifully; cook another 10 minutes or so, so that all the flavors mesh nicely together, until liquid is mostly cooked out (remember, the goal is sloppy joes, not sloppy soup;] )
5) Enjoy! My favorite way to have this recipe is with some buckwheat biscuits and cauliflower mash:)
Ciao for now!
-The Red Lady-