Verse Of the Day

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Socca

Ciao Everyone!

So...it's been a while.

So I realized it is probably about time to get back to blogging!

I hope your thanksgiving holiday time was beautiful...

We are now into the next crazy holiday season!

Christmas is 22 days away....

22 DAYS!!

Oh my goodness!

I don't know about you, but I am DEFINITELY already feeling the business of the season!

Two things on that note:

1) Please please PLEASE do not let the craziness of scheduling and the list of 5 million and 4 things to do throw you off and distract you. This season is all about celebrating the Savior of the world... The God and King of glory who came down as a baby, in the humblest of circumstances, to save unworthy sinners. It is a beautiful and awe-some thing.

2) I will try to keep you updated with a list of joyous stress-relieving posts and fun to think about recipe posts to keep you moving!

This post is a recipe post:) (I promise...we're getting there. Haha)

It may be the easiest thing I have ever made...

Like it's crazy...

It's also extremely versatile, making it a great tool to keep in your mind's recipe tool box!

It is like a Mediterranean flat-bread type of idea...

It hails from the South of France, which makes it sound even cooler in my opinion;)

I'll list the basic recipe first, but be sure to check out the pics and ideas at the bottom!

 SOCCA
(ingredients listed are for 1-2 servings, but it lends beautifully to altering amounts!)
Ingredients:
1/4 cup chickpea flour (which you can easily make homemade by grinding dry garbanzo beans in
                                        a good food processor)
1/4 cup water
Salt (about 1/4 teaspoon)
Optional: whatever spices you like! I love adding rosemary, black pepper, and garlic powder

Directions:
1) Mix together in a bowl; Let sit for about 15-20 minutes (to give the flour time to soak up a lot of the water...if making a larger amount, you may want to let it sit for an extra 10 minutes or so)
2) Spray a cooking pan with non-stick spray (or coat with olive oil)
3) Set pan on stove on high heat. When hot, pour batter in and cook like a tortilla or pancake
4) Enjoy!

Ways to enjoy socca:
- By itself or alongside soup or salad
- Toasted and then enjoyed like a pita bread, flatbread, or (if you toast it for longer) chips!
- With cheese like a yummy grilled cheese sandwich (*personal favorite! For a classic, use american cheese..but mozzarella, tomato, and fresh basil make a lovely dish as well)


 Another way I have yet to try is to use it like a tortilla, and make a burrito and/or wrap.


I would like to note that for the sandwiches, I used a slightly smaller pan so it stayed a bit thicker; if you use a larger pan and help the batter spread, it would lend better to the flatbread/wrap idea.

Have fun with your creative mind! If you try any of these variations or your own, let me know! I would love to hear about it:)


Ciao for now:)

-The Red Lady-

No comments:

Post a Comment