Verse Of the Day

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pavlova

Ciao everyone!!!

Do you know what Pavlova is?

I didn't either, which is why it caught my eye when I was wiki-drifting a while back... :)

Do you ever wiki-drift? It's a uselessly fun activity.

Although I suppose useless may be too strong a word... when something so adorable and delicious as pavlova can come from it!!!

Pavlova: (according to wikipedia) a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballet dancer Anna Pavlova. It is said to have been made in her honor during a tour in either Australia or New Zealand, though most researchers agree on the latter.
It is a meringue dessert with a crisp crust and soft, light inside.

Now that you know about it... how about trying a bite??

Here is my spin on it:) (I say that because I have never actually had it outside of making it according to the descriptions found from online research... but from what I've had of it, it's pretty darn amazing!)


 The Red Lady's Pavlova
makes 5 fluff cakes:)
Ingredients: 
3 egg whites 
2/3 cup stevia cup-for-cup
1 tablespoon instant nonfat milk
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar

Directions:
1) Set oven to 305 degrees. Beat egg whites, 2 minutes.
2) Add stevia, milk, cream of tartar (which you have conveniently combined in a bowl).
3) Mix together vanilla, cornstarch, and vinegar. Fold into egg fluff.
4) Form 5 fluffy puffs on a tin foil lined baking sheet that is NOT GREASED (because egg whites do NOT like grease...trust me).
5) Bake for 40-45 minutes.
6) Enjoy plain, topped with cream and berries, or drizzle chocolate and crushed graham crackers over it!!!


Ciao for now!
-TheRedLady-

No comments:

Post a Comment