What revelation did you stumble upon today??
I believe we learn at least one new thing every single day, whether it be a thing of major impact or laughable triviality.
Personally, I have three things that immediately come to mind. In order of greatest to smallest:
1) After some research and prayer and seeking council of friends, I believe I now understand the Scripture found at Revelation 1:7, which was boggling my mind for a few days...
"Look, he is coming with the clouds,
and every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him.
So shall it be! Amen."
My biggest question was "Why will EVERYONE mourn?"
It seems as though it will be a realization of the verity of wrath to come, the reality of punishment for sins of those who have not found salvation in Christ. Also, I personally think that for the Christian it has to do with an understanding of the situation... As in, realizing that there are loved ones left for whom the time of salvation is over, and their destiny of eternal punishment is set if they are not found in Christ.
Before continuing, I would just like to say that the above statement is LEAPS AND BOUNDS more important than the two things to follow, because of it's foundation being Scripture and Christ.
2) YOU CAN MAKE A DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CAKE...AND HAVE IT LITERALLY BE HEALTHY AND A BENEFIT TO YOUR BODY. Not Kidding.
Bill Cosby was onto something... LET THERE BE CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR BREAKFAST!
And Lunch...And Dinner.... ;)
Oh, what is that you say? Social normality believes chocolate cake belongs in the desserts only category?
Well let's not upset any apple carts. I'll have it for dessert too, please and thank you;)
BUT WAIT.. (*There's More?!?!*) It is also Vegan and Gluten Free... Oh yeah, I went there.
And it's a great place to be;) You should join me<3 We have...
1 1/4 cups homemade out flour (or not homemade...but it's super easy if you wanna try:] )
1/4 cup unsweetened, natural cocoa powder
2 tablespoons stevia cup-for-cup
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 14.5 oz can sliced beets (Yes, you read that correctly. Beets. Just do it)
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1) Mix dry ingredients together.
2) Drain beet water out into a measuring cup. Pour excess liquid out, keeping 2/3 cup beet juice. Add to a blender/food processor with the beets. Puree completely.
3) Mix together puree with rest of wet ingredients.
4) Mix wet ingredients into dry completely.
5) Batter has to rest for 10 minutes, for all the ingredients to get acquainted and comfortable. In the meantime, set your oven to 350 degrees to heat up and grease a round 9" cake pan very well.
6) Once the batter is all friends now (a.k.a., has set for 10 minutes), scoot it into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
7) Let cool completely (if you can restrain yourself), flip onto a serving dish, and top with whatever you like. Some suggestions are fudge frosting, berry compote with agave nectar, or (if you like the picture) vegan whipped cream with a little extra cocoa powder sprinkled on top:)
Ciao for now
P.S. The next post will be about the vegan whipped cream;)
P.P.S. The third revelation I came to today is a new theory I have created (among many...)
Have you ever noticed that no matter who you are talking to or how long you have known that particular person, there is always ONE thing you can never seem to recall about them?
I think that is the case for every person, in their relationship to every other human. For example, no matter what, no matter how many times she says it, no matter how many experiences involve this, my mother will never remember that my sister HATES tomatoes. Ever.
P.P.P.S. I just got a comment from a faithful taste tester.. who asked if my secret ingredient was Lindt truffles because the cake is so chocolatey and fudgey......