Verse Of the Day

Saturday, June 15, 2013

BACON

Ciao everyone

Ok, so it's confessional time on the Red Lady's blog....

No matter what I have ever told myself about the unhealthfulness of it, no matter that I literally find no desire and in fact despise the idea of taking any unbeneficial thing into my body, no matter of anything else in the entire whole foods and health realm:

I LOVE BACON AND I WILL NEVER NOT LOVE BACON.

And that has been my curse since I began my journey of health. No joke, I could literally spend an hour thinking or conversing with someone about the beauty of healthy living as it relates to positivity in all areas of life/creating a strong and able body, why healthfulness is so important to me, or how I came to categorize all foods into two areas (poison vs pixie dust... always choose pixie dust, always avoid poison.. duh:P)..

I have had this constant nagging affection for the same thing that could epitomize what I avoid and why.

Until....

A very wonderful blogging lady, who posts her stories on hungryhungryhippie.com, just so happened to have a strike of brilliance into the realm of all things good and wonderful and categorized as happy blessings in this life....

HEALTHY, VEGAN, DELICIOUS, AMAZING, MIND-BLOWING BBBAAACCCOOONNN!!!!

Yes, it's incredible. Yes, I have had it for a few days in a row. Kind of rationing myself on it. Probably because it feels too good to be true, or repeatable.

But then I see the bag of coconut flakes keeping nicely in the freezer, and remember it's not a dream.

Nope, just a miracle...

BACON
makes- about a cup
Ingredients:

1 cup coconut
2 teaspoons worcestershire
1/2 teaspoon maple extract
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
Not a full 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Good dash paprika
Good pinch salt

Directions:
  1)      Combine ingredients in a bowl. Let sit about 5 minutes while you preheat oven to 325.
  2)      Line a baking sheet with tin foil, and lightly grease.
  3)      Bake for 10-15 minutes (until all pieces look properly baconized).
  4)      Let cool.
  5)      FEED YOUR SOUL.


  Ciao for now
  -TheRedLady-

  P.S. The recipe is actually a slightly altered/personalized version, according to what I had on hand. Hungrygungryhippie's recipe is probably also grand, I just haven't tried it yet.. But it was certainly the inspiration here.

  P.P.S. PLLEEASE keep an eye on the oven once you hit 10 minutes. It burns ridiculously quickly. Which is why mine looks a tad too dark. But in honor of confessionals, I decided to keep the original photo for the grand reveal-post for this recipe. So, as soon as it looks done-ish, go ahead and take it out..or at least do not go more than 3 steps away from the oven until you do! 

P.P.P.S. I know technically today is Thursday and technically that means in the summer schedule of posting I have going on, it should be a funny post, while yesterday was supposed to be a recipe. But this recipe is not possibly imperfect in any way, therefore overriding any mistakes on my part. Yay for bacon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment