Verse Of the Day

Friday, June 28, 2013

Spaghetti Bake

Ciao everyone!!

My oh my, is this a fun recipe or what!!

Yeah, I know

"What recipe? I just clicked on the link two seconds ago"

Good things come to those who wait... patience, braveheart

And this certainly is a very good thing!

I got the idea from a recipe post at hungryhungryhippie.com, and as soon as I saw the brilliant Italian flare, I knew I had to try it.

Plus, as much as I love the Italian flavors, the typical Americanized varieties consisting only of pizza and pasta dishes have very much disheartened me....

Of course, there are plenty of Italian recipes that hearken to other things...

But this pasta recipe was too good to be true... that I had to make it to believe it. And let me tell you, it is delicious:)

Or, don't just let me tell you.. go make it, and then you can tell me. Or we can talk about it. But probably not really because that might be slightly strange:P

We can just stick to being happy with our spaghtti bakes ;)

 Spaghetti Bake
serves-4-6
Ingredients:
8 oz uncooked brown rice spaghetti
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
Water (3/4 of the tomato can)
3-4 cloves chopped garlic
1 cup plain yogurt (either non-dairy or non-fat dairy)
2 good handfuls fresh spinach
Good bunch of fresh basil and parsley
Salt
Pepper
Onion powder
Paprika
1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Optional: non-dairy mozzarella cheese

Directions:
  1)      Set out a glass casserole dish (I used an 8x8 glass one) and grease lightly however you wish (I suggest olive, grape seed or flax oil). Open tomato can and set aside. Chop garlic and set aside. Rinse basil, parsley and spinach and set aside.
  2)      Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  3)      Break spaghetti in half and spread around the dish. Pour in tomatoes. Add garlic over the top. Pour water into the can and pour over that. Sprinkle spices and nutritional yeast to taste.
  4)      Layer spinach, basil, and parsley over the top. Spread yogurt over that.
  5)      Bake for 40 minutes. Take out of oven and let sit for at least 10-15 minutes to set (and, as you may see from the differences in picture above and here, the longer it sits, the more "lasagna-ey" it will be; as in, you will be able to cut it prettier. But it is delicious no matter how it cuts)





Ciao for now!
-TheRedLady-

No comments:

Post a Comment