So, have you noticed how EVERY SINGLE STINKIN HEALTHY BLOG has a variation on black bean brownies??
It's like a clique. Make the brownies or leave.
For a while, I avoided making them, for three reasons...
1) I had tried the idea before the major boom and it came out as a please-never-make-these-again recipe (as affirmed by a very honest friend)
2) The recipes usually had either too many unusual ingredients for my pantry or an unusual amount of chocolate chips for me to feel good about dumping into a recipe
And 3) It felt to unoriginal by this point
However, the other day, in a moment of severe weakness (probably from lack of chocolate), I decided to give it a whirl, just one more time...
And let me tell you, THEY CAME OUT OF THE OVEN LIKE A BUNCH OF HEAVEN SENT LOVE SQUARES IN GLOSSY BLACK GLORIFIED-FASHION.
The chocolateyness is enough to make my own mind go MMMMMmmmmmMMMMm...
And the fudgyness...oh the fudgyness....
And guess what... TOMORROW IS NATIONAL CHOCOLATE DAY<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
So here's what you should do...
Go make some chocolate fudgy brownies;)
Black Bean Fudge Brownies
1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup sucanat (or another natural sweetener..if using agave, lower water to 0-1 tablespoon)
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 cup mashed/pureed avocado
2 tablespoons agave or honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease a 6x6 glass baking dish
2) Combine all ingredients in a food processor or good blender, and blend until thoroughly homogenous.. (what a fun word!!)
3) Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour
4) Let brownies sit for at least 20 minutes before cutting into 12 or 16 squares
Ciao for now!