What is your favorite food-genres?
Creamy or crunchy?
Salty or sweet?
Light or heavy?
There are so many! Haha just thought of that today... and it's a very curious thought!
Anyways, this recipe came about via making a to-go dinner with the family, when we had our Father's Day trip to see Kari Jobe in concert!
She is a marvelously gifted artist, and it was a blessing to see her in concert.
This recipe was made up really fast and tested on-the-fly... but even still approved! That's always fun:)
Creamy Hummus Pita Pocket
1 pita (normal size, preferably of a healthier variety such as whole grain, or GF)
Good handful spinach
About 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
2-3 tablespoons of your favorite hummus
Dash of Salt
1) Open pita by cutting a small slice off one end and opening inside
2) Mix together yogurt, hummus, and spices (feel free to play around with those)
3) Layer spinach well on bottom of pita
4) Scoop in filling and spread around carefully
5) Create another good layer of spinach over top (the layers are to keep the filling from soaking/breaking through sides of pocket..which would be bad on a car trip!)
Ciao for now