Do you ever have those tired days? And suddenly at the end of it you have the strangest craving ever?
Like crazier than chocolate or cookies.
I mean like Chinese lo mein...
Or popcorn dipped in a mix of peanut butter, mustard, and hummus...
Or grapefruit and Greek yogurt...
Or a spoon of whipped cream with peanuts, chocolate chips, and raisins on it...
Or chocolate covered pineapple with cool whip? (Not as crazy, but sometimes strangely obnoxious when you don't have one or three of those ingredients in the house:/ )
Maybe I'm alone on that one... Or all of those! Ha.
But maybe you like Chinese food anyway.
Maybe you don't..
(I'm hoping you do, because of the time you spend on the rest of this previously seemingly nonsensical post! :P )
Chinese Tofu and Broccoli
(Alter amounts to suit servings needed)
Extra firm tofu, cubed
Sherry cooking wine (optional)
White wine vinegar
Sprinkle of nutmeg
1) Fill small pot with water and cover; put on stove on high heat to boil. Prepare veggies.
2) Heat oil, sherry, lime juice, and vinegar in a large skillet.
3) Lightly coat cubed tofu in cornstarch and place in hot oil mixture. Sear on all sides, about 2 minutes each.
4) In the meantime, put veggies in a large-ish metal bowl. When water boils, pour over veggies and let them sit to blanch.
5) When mission: sear the tofu is complete, drain vegetables (I got tired of the word "veggies", didn't you?), and add to skillet of tofu with soy sauce, a little vinegar, ginger, and nutmeg. If it is too dry, add a little water to stir everything together.
6) Saute until water is gone and it looks done.
Ciao for now!
-The Red Lady-