Verse Of the Day

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chocolate Chip Power Cookies

Ciao everyone!!


So, you may have seen the little note in my Ultimate Brownie post about the ooey gooey's of my childhood.

If not, please allow me to enlighten you.

If you are looking for the best tasting not healthy easy to get a hold of chocolate chip cookies, go for the red package of chips ahoy "soft and gooey" cookies. (Or, as I have known them as since childhood, "the ooey gooeys")

Or actually, no. Don't do that.

I know, you are confused. "Whhhaat just happened? She tells us to go find these cookies, and then says no. Um....what??"

Yeah, I know. You think I'm crazy.

But I don't care how crazy you think I am...because I am the one holding the bowl of the best cookies ever. (And very much enjoying my position, thank you!!!)

However, I do also have a suggestion for you. (Which is one I promise will not be retracted anytime soon!!!!:P)

GO MAKE THESE COOKIES.....for the following three reasons:

1) They taste incredibly reminiscent of the Ooey Gooeys from my very sweet and fondest memories. And I would like you to create some of those beautiful moments for yourself!

2) They are rather delicious and soft and yummy and who doesn't love that?!

3) THEY ARE HEALTHY!

Yes, healthy. Like beneficial to your overall health.

Hooray for miracle cookies<3

Chocolate Chip Power Cookies!!
Makes-10
Ingredients:
¼ cup of a very good tasting vanilla plant based protein powder
¼ cup oat flour
¼ cup stevia, cup for cup
½ teaspoon baking powder
Good pinch salt
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ cup natural, unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup water
½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Handful (of however many you like) chocolate chips

Directions:
   1)     Mix dry ingredients together (except chocolate chips)
   2)     Mix wet ingredients together separately
   3)     Stir wet into dry until thoroughly combined
   4)     Stir in chocolate chips
   5)    Letter batter rest for 10 minutes (In the meantime, heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil; spray tin foil with a non-stick spray or grease however else you prefer)
   6)     Drop batter onto tin foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until it has a lightly crisped golden brown color all over
   7) Let cool about 10 minutes (if you can bear to wait that long!!) Enjoy!


  Ciao for now!!

   -TheRedLady-

No comments:

Post a Comment