You know that feeling when you have made a discovery, and you just want the whole world to know the joy of your findings?
Or.. you've invented something that could seriously change the world?
Yeah, well I feel like that right now.
There is a very good reason why the title of this post/recipe is Delectable Chocolate Cake.
And that reason is simply BECAUSE IT'S FREAKING AWESOME.
I am very happy about sharing this one with you!
It may just be the CRAZIEST recipe I've ever made....because, as insanely good it tastes, the ingredients are even insane-r.
"How could those ingredients possibly make anything that even tastes remotely delicious...much less, something that tastes remotely like a chocolate cake!"
Yes, I hear you.
But don't worry. I won't listen to your fearful astonishment until AFTER you've taken a bite of this...
Delectable Chocolate Cake
makes-1 6" cake (serves 6-8)
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
Good pinch salt
1/2 cup mashed avocado
1/4 cup original almond or coconut milk
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
To Serve (any of the following): vegan cool whip, thawed frozen berries, peanut butter, bananas, etc
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 6” springform cake pan
2) Combine cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside
3) Add all spinach to a food processor/blender and pulse a little until there is more room towards the top. Add in the avocado, milk, agave, vanilla, and vinegar; pulse/blend until it is as smooth as it can possibly get
4) Pour the wet mixture into the cocoa blend; stir until thoroughly combined
5) Scoop batter into pan and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes
Ok, now that you have heard the stories, seen the pictures, and read the recipe a few times, let me tell you why the spinach. Let's just say, with two people in one house capable of grocery shopping, and busy schedules, and sweet motives of helping other people in the house, sometimes you end up with TWO HUGE BAGS of fresh spinach.... and no parties to serve salads too...
Ciao for now