Verse Of the Day

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong, Summertime

Ciao everyone!!

Do you know what time it is????

Summertime:)

What's your favorite season??

Personally, I am not the biggest fan of summer... but mostly because I really just don't like being Hot like all the time...

The freedom to enjoy things outside of school/schooltime activities is a nice change though!

And the thing that makes me smile most when I consider summertime, to be completely honest, is this song:


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PprEQF9C0Qk)

The beautiful jazz standard was composed by George Gershwin in 1935! 

Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong are both simply incredible. I am so in floored by their musicianship and artistry every time I hear them!

Enjoy

Ciao for now!
-TheRedLady-

P.S. I understand that today is not Wednesday and therefore this post was due yesterday. But yesterday was busy and today is a new day. So it's on today. Ta-da!!! :P




No comments:

Post a Comment