Verse Of the Day

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Banana Bread Batter Smoothie

Ciao everyone!

What's your favorite part of baking??

I can tell you without a doubt, ever since I was super little, one of my favorite parts is THE BATTER.

Always delicious, sometimes even moreso than the actual result! (In my opinion)

One stark memory of kitchen tales of my childhood comes from several batches of my mama's famous banana bread.

She is master of many kitchen arts, and banana bread/zucchini bread/pumpkin bread are no exception.

And, of course, that means I have tried (and enjoyed) several spoonfuls of said batter...

Here's the crazy thing (and more specific point of this post): as I was making my morning green smoothie the other day, I noticed some frozen bananas in the freezer that had to be used up. So I tried it...

And it was like woaahhhhhhh...that tastes like....

Banana Bread Batter Smoothie!
serves-1
Ingredients:
Many handfuls of spring mix
1 medium banana (preferably at least half of amount frozen!)
1 cup non dairy milk
2 tablespoons hemp protein powder (or another plant-based protein... can be unflavored or vanilla)
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 tablespoon chia seeds
good amount of cinnamon
few drops of pure vanilla extract
Directions:
1) Stuff as much spring mix as possible into the blender...blend spring mix with milk
2) Add the rest of ingredients and blend
3) Enjoy!

Ciao for now
-TheRedLady-

No comments:

Post a Comment