So, sweet potatoes.
They're high in B6, which protects the body from degenerative disease and heart attacks...
high in vitamin C, which is involved in a host of functions from bone and tooth formation to digestion, to helping us cope with stress...
a good source of vitamin D, which is important for immunity and overall well-being...
a good source of iron...
a good source of magnesium...
a good source of potassium...
plus a whole extra list of things!
Pretty crazy, huh??
Well, I think we should all try adding a little more sweet potato into the daily diet rotations of life:)
Besides the fact that they just kinda sound adorable... little sweet potato... :)
Here is a recipe that hopefully helps the thoughts of playing around with them more fun!
Sweet Potato Balls
makes-20 (serves 4-6)
4 cups raw sweet potato, cubed
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon honey
Good pinch salt
Good pinch black pepper
6 tablespoons ground/milled flax seeds
1) Pulse sweet potato in a food processor until all grated
2) Add water, spices, and honey. Pulse/blend until combined and mostly like batter
3) Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly grease; set oven to 425 degrees to heat
4) Put flax in a bowl and set aside; roll batter into 20 equally sized balls and line up on baking sheet
5) Roll the balls into the flax and place back on sheet; once finished, set in oven to bake for 10 minutes
6) Flip, and bake another 10 minutes
-Sweet and Spicy Cream Sauce-
Makes 1 cup
1 (15oz) can great northern beans
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon honey
1) Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
2) Taste; adjust spices as desired
Ciao for now!
P.s... you should know, these little treats are so good, you could honestly have them as part of a meal or as a cute snack! I've even taken a few of them when on the road, during a way too busy day (as seen in the picture to your right).